CITY OF LOS ANGELES
HIGH SCHOOL MATHS PROFICIENCY TEST
1. Johnny has an AK47 with a 30-round clip. If he misses 6 out of 10 shots
and shoots 13 times at each drive-by shooting, how many drive-by shootings
can he attempt before he has to reload?
2. Jose has 2 ounces of cocaine and he sells an 8-ball to Jackson for $220
and 2 grams to Billy for $85 per gram. What is the street value of the
balance of the cocaine, if he doesn't cut it?
3. Rufus is pimping for three girls. If the price is $65 for each trick, how
many tricks will each girl have to turn so Rufus can pay for his $800 per
day crack habit?
4. Jarome wants to cut his 1/2 pound of heroin to make 20% more profit. How
many ounces of cut will he need?
5. Wille gets $200 for stealing a BMW, $50 for a Chevy, and $100 for a 4x4.
If he has stolen 2 BMW's and 3 4x4's, how many Chevy's will he have to
steal to make $800?
6. Raoul is in prison for 6 years for murder. He got $100,000 for the hit. If
his common wife is spending $100 per month, how much money will be left
when he gets out of prison and how many years will he get for killing the
bitch that spent his money?
7. If the average spray can covers 22 square feet and the average letter is 8
square feet, how many letters can a tagger spray with 3 cans of paint?